Mark J. Herzberger
115 3rd Street SE, Suite 1200
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401-1266
(319) 896-4032 direct
(319) 366-1917 fax
Mark Herzberger is an attorney with Simmons Perrine Moyer Bergman where he is engaged primarily in the practice of transportation law, construction law and various types of commercial litigation.
Prior to starting his legal career, Mr. Herzberger served four years in the United States Marine Corps. Mr. Herzberger also worked for a local manufacturing firm where he was the Assistant Director of International Sales and spent a number of years traveling extensively throughout the world.
Transportation Law. Mr. Herzberger represents a number of trucking companies and transportation-related insurance entities locally and around the country in various trucking-related matters including accident defense, broker disputes, cargo claims and owner-operator claims. As part of his transportation law practice, Mr. Herzberger is a member of the Trucking Industry Defense Association, the Transportation Lawyers Association, the Iowa Motor Truck Association and the Defense Research Institute Transportation Law Committee.
Construction Law. Mr. Herzberger represents both contractors and homeowners involving all aspects of construction-related disputes.
Place of birth: Anamosa, Iowa
- University of Iowa College of Law, JD with distinction, 1987
- University of Iowa, BBA, 1979
Admissions and Certifications
- State of Iowa, 1987
US Court of Appeals
- Eighth Circuit, 1990
- Eleventh Circuit, 1994
US District Court
- Northern District of Iowa, 1988
- Southern District of Iowa, 1989
- US Tax Court, 1988
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Linn County Bar Association
- Trucking Industry Defense Association
Defense Research Institute
- Transportation Law Committee
- Iowa Motor Truck Association
- Transportation Lawyers Association
Make-A-Wish Foundation of Iowa
- Former President of state and local divisions