115 3rd Street SE, Suite 1200
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401-1266
(319) 896-4063 direct
(319) 366-1917 fax
Michael McDonough is a member of Simmons Perrine Moyer Bergman and a trial attorney. His trial experience involves trials in both federal and state courts in approximately 20 different states. The subject matter of his practice is varied and includes commercial and personal injury litigation, as well as insurance law and coverage issues. His trial practice involves insurance agent errors and omissions matters, motor carrier litigation, construction litigation, business torts and fair competition issues, transactional and contract litigation disputes, secured transactions/equipment leasing and medical malpractice. Mr. McDonough also has represented securities dealers in NASD arbitration proceedings.
Mr. McDonough served as Law Clerk to the Honorable Norman Krivosha, Chief Justice, Nebraska Supreme Court, 1981-82. He practiced law in Lincoln, Nebraska, until joining Moyer & Bergman in 1985. In addition, Mr. McDonough was selected to Key Media Publication Inc.’s list of Super Lawyers 2007.
- Creighton University School of Law, JD, magna cum laude, 1981
- University of Iowa, BA, 1977
Admissions and Certifications
- State of Iowa, 1985
- State of Nebraska, 1978
Iowa State Bar Association
- Litigation Section
- Linn County Bar Association
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- Truck Insurance Defense Association (TIDA)
- USLAW NETWORK, Inc.
- Greater Cedar Rapids Area Homebuilders Association
Honors and Awards
- Included in Great Plains Super Lawyers, 2013
- Creighton Law Review. Author, Comment on the Law, Safety in the Workplace, 13 Creighton Law Review 955 (1)